IPL 2020 UAE: Know about players: After a long wait, finally the 13th edition of the Indian Premium League (IPL) is going to start in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) this year. This Mahakumbh of cricket will be held in only 3 stadiums this time. IPL 2020 will start on 19 September and its final match will be played on 10 November between the teams of Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings. At present, IPL will be different this time in view of Corona virus. For this, the IPL governing body has also taken some special decisions.
189 players from 8 teams
This time a total of 8 franchise teams are participating in the IPL, whose 189 players will participate in this Mahakumbh.
Mumbai Indians 24
Chennai Super Kings 24
Note: Every franchise is required to keep at least 18 players with them. While their maximum number can be 25. The maximum budget of 85 crores is fixed for these players.
Events will be held in these 3 stadiums
16 Umpires will keep an eye
This time in IPL 2020, there will be a team of 16 umpires. In this cash-rich league, 4 of these 16 umpires will be from the elite panel of ICC. These include the names of Chris Gaffney (New Zealand), Richard Ellingworth (England), Paul Raphael (Australia) and Nitin Menon (India). The other 12 are included in the BCCI’s own panel.
These players left the tournament in the middle
Chris Woakes, Delhi Capitals (auctioned for 1.5 crores)
Harry Gurney, KKR (Auction for 75 lakhs)
Jason Rai, Delhi Capitals (auctioned for 1.5 crores)
Suresh Raina, CSK (Auction for 11 crores)
Kane Richardson, RCB (auctioned for 4 crores)
Lasith Maling, Mumbai Indians (auctioned for 2 crores)
Harbhajan Singh, CSK (Auction for 5.5 cr)
Big decisions of the governing body
- All matches will be played in the evening at 7:30 pm local time.
- If a player is ill due to corona virus in the middle, then his replacement can be done.
- There will be no spectators in the stadium in the initial matches. A limited number of spectators can get entry from the mid of the tournament. However, this will be on the decision of the UAE Government.
- All players will have to travel by chartered plane.
- Top medical professionals will be arranged.