Kolkata Knight Riders player and Australian bowler Pat Cummins has announced a donation of 50 thousand US dollars to the PM Cares Fund on Monday. He has made this donation for the supply of oxygen to the hospitals troubled by the second wave of Kovid-19 in India. He supported the continuation of the IPL, saying that the Indian government sees it as a few hours of joy in difficult times.
What did Cummins say?
In a statement on his official handle, he made the announcement and appealed to other top players to do the same as the country is fighting the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. He said that there is a lot of discussion here whether it is appropriate to continue the IPL when the rate of Kovid-19 infection is high.
Cummins said in his statement that he has been advised that the Indian government believes that the game of IPL gives some moments of joy and relief at a time when difficult times continue for the country.
More than 3.53 lakh cases of corona virus have been reported in the country on Monday. This is the record number in the whole world since the start of the pandemic last year. Pat said that it can be very sad to see many people suffering in this time.
IPL 2021: These players, including R Ashwin, left IPL due to fear of Corona, BCCI said – the game will continue
Earlier, it was decided to leave Rajasthan Royals bowler Andrew Tye midway, as he feared that he would be locked out of his own country. At the same time, Royal Challengers Bangalore told on Monday that Australian bowlers Adam Zampa and Kane Richardson have also decided to pull out of the remaining matches in the ongoing league, for which they cited personal reasons.